Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My son is growing to be a man...

This past Friday was Good Friday. We had an evening "Service of Darkness" at our church where we spent some time reflecting on the sacrifice that Christ Jesus made on behalf of those He loves. That would be me! And as I sat quietly contemplating the magnitude of my sin I heard a quiet wimpering next to me. Isaac is ten. He sat through the entire service with tears streaming down his cheeks as he participated corporately in celebrating Christ's death. My heart almost burst with joy and sorrow mixed as I watched him process what exactly Christ suffered on the Cross. And then as we moved to take communion together Isaac wanted to participate for the first time. We have discussed frequently that he has been raised to share in our family's faith that God is able to do all that He promised. We talked of a time that would come when Isaac would grasp and understand and be convinced that this salvation is his personally. I have seen that conviction grow over the last few months. And to see him celebrate the Lord's Supper was one of the highlights of my year. What a joy to know that Jesus has called Isaac to Himself and that He has persuaded Isaac that He alone is able to save!!! Isaac understands that he is more sinful than he can imagine and more loved than he ever dared to hope. And he cried crocodile tears all the way home!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So precious...How amazing to watch that little boy grow...I pray to see the same in my own son one day.