Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Month BEFORE Summer

Happy Almost Summer-time! The sun is shining today and I am heaing out to work in my little garden. This has me looking forward to harvest time - sweet juicy tomatoes, mmmmmm. But before I can look forward to Summer, we have Spring! And what a Spring this is.

This May I have much to look forward to! My middle child, Esther Catherine, is turning 16. Can you believe it? I can't! She has grown into a beautiful, independent woman of God. I am so proud of her! I can't wait to see how God uses her unique gifts for His glory. Also, my oldest, Victoria Hope, is GRADUATING! Am I really old enough for this? I am the mother of a grown woman! Woah. She will be going to college and I am so excited for her. There are so many things to look forward to - and it is so exciting to see where God is leading her as she seeks to be a God pleasing woman. I am proud of her and the beautiful, talented, amazing woman of God she is!

So - May is PARTY TIME! We will be having Esther-palooza first - a whole week of Esther extravaganzas: friend parties, family parties, lots of birthday cake and even more watermelon. Then we have Katie-Johanna-Esther party! (Cake, anyone?) This is a birthday celebration like none other! Throw in my sister's birthday, and a nephew party. Then we round out the month with Victoria's graduation and her graduation party. Wow! I still can't believe she is finished with school.

So, if you are around our "neck of the woods" as my family says - stop by for a piece of cake. I think we will have a continuous supply. Here's to hoping that you have a May filled with Spring traditions and family together-ness. Then, by all means, bring on the Summer! No school - which is my favorite thing ever! (I LOVE having the kiddos home!)

1 comment:

Aziza said...

wow i like you and that you like having your kids home AND that you like celebrating birthdays! :-)!!!