Saturday, July 30, 2011

Who Wants to Go with Me?

Rarely do I entertain the thought of going to another conference. I love to be home. I would be happy to stay home always (unless, of course, I could visit Belfast, Northern Ireland once a month!!). But I have found a conference that intrigues me. Check this out. A women's conference that studies the Word of God first - not home making first, the Word second - or motherhood first, the Word second - or contentment first, the Word second - or dating first, the Word second. We should be women of the Word. Three cheers for the group that is calling us as women to study God and His revelation of Himself.


I will begin to read up on the main speakers - but what girl wouldn't want to hear Tim Keller (and I enjoy hearing his wife almost as much as hearing him!), Don Carson, and John Piper. There are lots of women scheduled to speak as well. Here is a paragraph from the website:

Here Is Our God!
God’s Revelation of Himself in Scripture
The Gospel Coalition’s 2012 National Women’s Conference is for women but not all about women. It’s about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s a time to learn more of what Scripture says to us—and to say it to each other. A time to dig deeper into the character of God and his purpose for his people. A time to gather together and share biblical encouragement as sisters, daughters, wives, mothers, and friends.


I love that: "for women but not all about women." Who wants to come with me?

Check it out: www.thegospelcoalition.org/conferences/2012-womens/#overview

4 comments:

Miss Prior said...

Lauren,
This sounds pretty awesome!!

barksonian said...

um that sounds amazing...

Melissa said...

I do! I do! Really! I can't pretend I know what my life will look like next summer though. Hmmm....

Kristy said...

count me in.