Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Movie


Well, I have been sick on and off for four days... so my plans for the day are limited. But I am oh so tempted by this:

The Quiet Man is one of my all time favorite movies. It is beautifully filmed and directed by John Ford. The stars, Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne, are perfectly cast. I highly recommend you watch it - tonight at the Wildey if you can! Here's the official movie trailer:





But be warned! This film is pretty controversial. Listen to an Irishman explain it. This is Gabriel Byrne talking about the film and its passion, controversy, stereo-types, and importance.




As you watch, pay particular attention to the music. It will stick with you. And there are many memorable lines. Look out for these:
"Who gave you leave to be kissing me?"
"What manner of man have I married?"
"No playing patty-fingers in the holy water!"
"I'm no gal to be honked at and come a-runnin'"
"Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of havin me own things about me"

Let me know what you think!

No comments: