Sunday, June 10, 2012

Letters and Gifts

I have a good friend who has moved half way around the globe.  My daughter has moved all the way to Kentucky for the summer.  As life goes by loved ones move.  I depend lots of Facebook to help with communication.  My two youngest kiddos are in California and we send fun notes back and forth daily.  You still feel connected.  I do this with both my Kentucky daughter and my far away friend.  But there is nothing like a hand written letter.  How long has it been since you have sent or received one?  Or when did you last receive the perfect gift in the mail from a friend?

A few days ago a package arrived from my globe-trotting friend - addressed L Kentucky Mizel.  I knew instantly who it was from.  I knew instantly that it didn't matter where she was, I was still being thought of.  I just recently sent a note in the mail to Kentucky.  My daughter will have that same not-so-far-away feeling!  That brings me joy.  If only for a moment, she is holding a little piece of me close to her.

So, consider taking a quick moment, and a stamp, and sending someone you love a note from you.  It will be the highlight of your friend's day.  I promise!


To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without
 moving anything but your heart.  ~Phyllis Theroux

1 comment:

Miss Ouri Richards said...

i like this. you are thought of....so very very often. And the quote is perfect.