Friday, September 26, 2014

Come, Bring All of Your Heavy Burdens

I have been thinking on two things that were shared on Facebook last week. They are overwhelming reminders of God's grace to me. Read the quote. Then listen to the song. And if you want to hear how to lay down your burdens - send me a message. I would love to tell you about Jesus, how he says "Come as you are". He alone is Hope.

Quote from Tim Keller: “To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. It liberates us from pretense, humbles us out of our self-righteousness, and fortifies us for any difficulty life can throw at us.”
Song from Grand Ole Opry:

Reminds me of a few verses that I love:
Matthew 11:28, 30  "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest... for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  (Words of Jesus)

Exodus 6:6-8  "I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens...I will redeem with an out stretched arm... I will be your God, and you shall know that I am the Lord your God, who has brought you out from under the burdens... I am the Lord..."  (This is from the story of how our great God rescued the Hebrew people from slavery in Egypt.  Read the whole chapter!)

Our God did not leave us unknown and alone.  His offer to come as you are - with all of your burdens, cares, pride, fear, guilt,  hate, or despair - is for you.  He will bring you out from under those burdens and into His lovely, lovely grace and mercy.  Yes, there will still be burdens, but you will not bear them alone and He died to remove our ultimate burden - the need to be redeemed and given peace with God.  He gives us Hope:  redemption, removal of condemnation, and unchanging love.




1 comment:

Kristy said...

great post, Lauren.
Glad you wrote it & shared, friend.