Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trailhead Women's Retreat - or Non-Retreat!!

I am SO very excited to announce that Trailhead Church will be hosting a women's retreat coming up soon. Here's the scoop:
When: Friday, October 7th 7pm-10pm and Saturday, October 8th 9:30am-3pm
Where: Trailhead Church, Edwardsville, IL
Cost: Free (but consider contacting me to bring a food item for Saturday)
Subject: PrayerSpeaker: Sarah Guild from Kansas City, KS (and former Trailhead member)
[Trailhead women- sign up on the City: www.trailheadchurch.onthecity.org!]

Funny enough, when I asked a few friends whether we should provide food for a cost or have women volunteer to bring food, pot-luck style, we had quite the discussion! In the end we overwhelmingly decided to go old-school and bring our own food. We as a church love to do this! Nothing like a home cooked, family meal to bring you closer together. But it was fun to discuss whether we could actually call this a retreat if we are asking women to do a little work in order to participate! So, in the end, it was decided we should probably change the name from retreat to something different. However, I never came up with anything even remotely creative. I am open to suggestions, though!

Please consider joining us. Our speaker, Sarah, is one of my dearest friends. She and her
husband Jamie were instrumental in the founding of Trailhead Church before God moved them to Kansas City, Kansas. The Lord has used her greatly in my life (and my family's). She has taught
me much about prayer and I am excited for us to hear what God has been teaching her lately. We also hope to have some time for personal reflection and group prayer (no worries - quiet participation is perfectly acceptable!). This is always a sweet time of community as we interact and share meals together. I do hope you can join us.

Let me know if you have any questions. And if you have a better word than retreat!!

No comments: