Friday, October 12, 2012

An Old Friend Retires...

So I actually have a few things that I received as wedding presents oh so long ago.  Still have my dishes, but those beautiful Noritake blue swirl glasses didn't survive years of indoor football or Sunday dinners with little kiddos.  We destroyed all those towels and frilly pillows and cake pans and several sets of pots and pans.  (I do have picture frames and other keepsakes in boxes for safe keeping.)

But, believe it or not, I still have and use my old, faithful Osterizer blender!  I did, that is, until a few days ago.  Steve bought me a new Ninja Kitchen System 1200 for my birthday.  I had wanted a food processor and Steve wanted a new blender that could handle ice/smoothies.  Wow - times have changed.  My little 350 horsepower blender got outclassed by a powerhouse of food fun!  So, thanks Ol' Faithful - but hello new toy.  I can't wait to use it.  Happy birthday to me!

And just FYI, I still LOVE LOVE LOVE my old Sunbeam stand mixer.  No thank you to your fancy little Kitchen-Aid stand mixer.  Wonder if this new little toy will send that Sunbeam on its way...

I will let you know what we think.

No comments: